One of my favorite quick easy DIY craft is this Decorated Kraft Paper. You can decorate this plain kraft paper with anything. What I did is to add some simple embellishments like paper rosette, paper doily and buttons. You can get this done less than 30 minutes!
Decorating Kraft Paper Bags
- Scrapbooking paper – cut strip paper 12 ” x 2″
- 7,5″ Paper Doily (you can get at baking section at store)
- Scoring board (you also can use scoring tool on your paper trimmer)
- Large Scallop Punch
- Kraft Paper Bag
- Tissue paper
- Buttons, or other embellishments you would like to use.
- Tacky Glue
- Glue Gun and glue stick
- To make the accordion flower (some call it rosette paper flower), score 12″ x 2″ paper strip every 1/2″ using the scoring board. Then fold the strips, and cut one strip, overlap both ends and glue. Here’s a video showing you how to do it 😀
- Punch the coordinating scrapbook paper and glue on top of the accordion paper flower. I use glue gun, quick to dry and hold it stronger.
- Glue the button, or gems, or any embellishment you want to use in the middle of the scallop.
- Glue the paper doily in the middle of the kraft paper bag with Tacky Glue.
- Glue the accordion flower in the middle of the doily. I use glue gun, but you also can use Tacky Glue.
- You have your decorated kraft paper bag as a gift bag!